Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Are you inspired by our mission to foster small business communities through mentoring and education? Are you looking for career, volunteer, or internship opportunities that are fulfilling and rewarding?
SCORE is always on the lookout for people that are committed to our goal of fueling small business success in America. We offer full- and part-time employment and contract opportunities in our headquarters in Herndon, Virginia. You can find volunteer and internship opportunities in our chapters across the country.
Learn more about our careers below. Contact your local chapter to find out how you can get involved in your local community.
Volunteer Services Coordinator
The Volunteer Services Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Learning to support volunteers and the Field Operations team in its efforts to expand and increase the recruiting, onboarding, training and education of volunteers in order to provide the best service possible to SCORE’s clients.
SCORE has a network of over 300 chapters and approximately 11,000 volunteers across the United States. Applicants should be energized by the recruitment, training, and education of these skilled volunteers at every point in their SCORE career in the pursuit of SCORE’s mission to support vibrant small business communities.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, proactive problem solver, and action-oriented team player. S/he must also be committed to providing superior service, be poised under fast-paced pressure and have a positive, flexible, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Support recruiting and onboarding at SCORE. This includes:
- Manage and implement improvements to intake and interview process for potential volunteers
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, and training of new volunteers
- Update and maintain SCORE’s social media for volunteers
- Support the Director of Learning on pilot programs and projects, such as SCORE’s values-based recruiting, LinkedIn testing, and onboarding best practices
- Support the launch of a formal and official professional development program for volunteers at SCORE. This includes:
- Maintain SCORE’s Learning Management System, Topyx
- Generate reports in SCORE’s Learning Management System, Topyx
- Upload, track, and support online learning modules for reporting
- Maintain data on modules, such as evaluations
- Work as a team to coordinate the annual Volunteer Virtual Learning Conference.
- Support annual conference: Work with a team on details regarding agenda, content, speakers, awards and logistics for the SCORE annual National Leadership Conference.
- Support internal webinars
- Ensure consistent format and branding across all learning materials
- Proof content from partners and volunteers as needed
- Research special topics in support of SCORE’s staff/volunteer learning advisory council
- Support organizational development at SCORE
- Planning and information gathering and coordination of meeting the needs of chapters
- Support education for clients at SCORE
- Serve as a liaison between the Marketing Team and Field Ops Team on client education, promoting client education as volunteer education
- Review and edit toolkits for chapters on topics relevant to SCORE’s small business clients. These toolkits are meant to be “workshops in a box” for SCORE chapters to use around the country.
- Upload content to the website, score.org
- Generate/pull regular reports
- Support the Field Operations Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training & Development, Adult Learning, or related field preferred
- Experience with in person and virtual training
- Experience working with skilled volunteers
- Highly organized self-starter with a drive to learn and the ability to work independently, collaboratively and under deadline pressure;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google applications
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with learning management systems in general or Topyx specifically, preferred
- Experience working as a mentor preferred
- Experience with small business/entrepreneurship education preferred
- Project management experience
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or other inquiries, please.
Download the full job description.
The backbone of the SCORE Association is our mentors. But let's face it; mentoring is not for everyone. If you want to help SCORE and small businesses in your community, there are other volunteer roles available. These options include but aren't limited to:
- Administrative Support
- Marketing Chair/ Committee
- Finance Chair/ Committee
- Community Outreach
- Workshop Presenter/ Event Coordinator
- Education & Training
Contact your local chapter chair and discuss how you can get involved or submit a volunteer application online.